Frequently Asked Questions
PALMDALE SCHOOL DISTRICT TRANSPORTATION DEPARTMENT
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: How do I know if my child is eligible to ride the bus?
A: There are several factors that determine whether a child is eligible for busing?
The major factors are:
- Student is in a Special Education program and has either and I.E.P. or 504 plan mandating transportation
- The student resides within the school attendance area for which they are zoned. A daycare provider's address is NOT accepted.
- The student lives outside of the walk-in-zone. This is a 1.5 mile radius (as the crow flies, not door-to-door mileage) for elementary schools, and 2.0 miles for middle schools.
- Student's behavior on the bus remains satisfactory.
- Upon registering at a school site, Transportation will assign a bus stop for your child based upon your address and eligibility. Students may only use the bus stop(s) that they are assigned.
Q: How do I know which school to enroll my child in?
A. Please see the District's webpage (palmdalesd.org) adn select the icon for "Where's My School?" Some new developments may not have been included. Contact the school nearest your home first. If you need any further assistance, please call the Transportation Department at 661.789.6588.
Q: What time shall I expect my child to be home on minimum days?
A: In most cases, students will arrive at their bus stops 2 hours and 12 minutes earlier than the regular schedule.